Wednesday, October 01, 2008

All the loneliness in this world, you know it's just not fair...

Did you know that you are more likely to be depressed in the morning than at other times of day? I know this in part because I used to cry almost every morning in the shower during my last semester of college (it was a very difficult time for me).

Saying this, I wake up to find that I'm not invited to an important event and even though I live 950 miles away, it is still a bit upsetting. Actually, I'm kind of hurt, but the older I get, the less I can find any sort of full-out trust in people.

The babysitting job is getting out of hand. The mom asked me to go in the garage and check for what was making a terrible smell and it just happened to be two dead rats or mice that were maggot-infested. Yay.

Another day, another dollar. And Brian is sleeping in because he has the day off of school.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

:o( We did not do this intentionally, Greta. We didn't send out invites to ANYONE who we knew would not be able to make it. This is partly because it's kind of like just asking for a present because we know you can't be there. Please don't be upset. No one else was invited, either ... Marianne or Sara or Molly or anyone. WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Greta said...

I'm not taking any offense to this, but I invited people to my bridal shower who I knew wouldn't make it, and I wasn't expecting a gift from any of them. Chrissy sent me a gift and she didn't have to. This is because it was my only shower, unlike my new sister-in-law who had like four. I just wanted everyone to feel included.

Katherine said...

I'm sorry you didn't feel included. It was not meant to be that way, and you know we love you, Greta.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, too.

Greta said...

Thanks. I don't feel bad anymore; sorry that I got offended yet again. I understand.

This is totally random, but do you ever post at one time and it says a time that is like several hours prior to when you posted. I can't change this and didn't know if you could.