Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday, I'm in love...

First, a quote: "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow them."- Louisa May Alcott

Although I do enjoy my job and part of the reason that I like it is because it is challenging, I am still happy when a long week ends. I think there are some aspects of my position that I am good at, like helping kids to understand and relate to situations and I feel like I have more patience than I ever thought I would with them. However, I often get frustrated when I cannot understand some of our more severely disabled kids or when I feel like I am being relegated to one child who no one else wants to deal with. The latter of these I might be exaggerating because I think it varies from day to day. Actually, I think that if I do work with some of these more challenging children more often, I can learn more and become a better teacher.

It's raining today and I am about to make a lasagna for a member of my choir who has just had knee surgery. I'm bringing over my spinach lasagna, salad, and a few rolls. Dotty has always been nice to me and I feel it is a very nice thing to make dinner for her. Besides, I love to cook.

We're going to one of two children's birthday party tomorrow. Either one for one-year-old Jackson or one-year-old Zoe. Whomever it is, I am going to Janie and Jack tomorrow to look for a gift for them. That store is so cute! While I am at the Natick Mall, I am also going to Nordstrom to try on a pair of Dansko shoes so that my brother can get them for me at a discount from a shoe store in Louisville. They're expensive, but definitely worth it. Also, I have a gap gift certificate to spend on khaki-colored corduroy pants for the fall.

Brian was very sweet and asked if I wanted to go eat at the Wildwood Steakhouse for dinner. He is really thoughtful.

No comments: