Monday, September 22, 2008

Red Sox game tonight!

OMG, I have the biggest headache ever right now. I just had to pop some pills to eliminate it and I hope it goes away by five. We're driving (eeeek!) into the city tonight for one of the last Red Sox games of the season against the Cleveland Indians. It's supposed to be colder this evening, but the games are usually a blast. Now, getting into and out of the city can be quite annoying. When we went to the Sox/Orioles game in June, it took almost three hours to get into the city with a combination of traffic and the train. Normally, it takes about an hour and a half. Anyway, since the Red Sox are still battling the Rays for the division title, every game is crucial and this one should be exciting.

The weekend was a busy one, but I always enjoy those. I've never been one to relax a lot. On Friday, I had dinner at an Indian restaurant in Lexington with Mary and Natyra and we discussed fall day trips for the season. Salem, Concord, Plymouth, etc. Fall is always a delightful time here in this part of the world.

Brian's friend Mike came to visit us on Saturday with his daughter, Zoe, who is one. They discussed conspiracy movies, played a little music, and we grabbed a bite to eat at the cafe down the street. That night, we met some of the Ashland teachers at Red Robin in Millbury for dinner. The food was great, but the service was atrocious; I had to ask for bbq sauce three times. We planned on seeing Burn After Reading, but unfortunately, the movie was sold out. Instead, we had drinks at the movie theatre bar (yes, that is correct) and Brian and I watched Baby Mama at home. Amy and Tina are quite a team and both adorable, but the movie was less than stellar. Just my opinion, though.

I helped out the organist from my wedding at her church yesterday by singing with their choir. It was interesting being a "ringer." We sang an original piece written by another choir member, as well as Herbert Howells' Magnificat. She has now asked me if I want to sing with her choir and I could be compensated for it, which is kind of a dream for me, even though there is just a little money involved. However, I have very little free time during the week and this would now eliminate any free time on Tuesday evening. So, I'm contemplating the decision. I feel honored though and it would be a good opportunity.

Headache is still here and the we're leaving in an hour.

No comments: