Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I don't know why I go to extremes...


This is the cake I made for the party!


I'm very excited about this weekend. On Tuesday, I was not entirely excited about it because a now ex-friend let me down (I now know why we drifted apart nearly eight years ago after high school and I should never have rekindled this friendship) and the weather looked rainy in New York, but now, I am just happy to be going with my dear friend Paul, plus the weather looks sunny and about seventy degrees.

Last night, I went to another aide's house for dinner and drinks, along with the other aides and teachers in the special education program. We all had a really good time and I had one tequila shot too many (which was only one shot!). The teachers gave the aides these cute mock-awards and I received the "Sweetest" award. According to them and my blog's title, I apparently really am a proper southern belle. That is, until I've had a few drinks in me. It is so refreshing to work with people who are nice and who do not get too clique-y with each other and exclude you from everything. Honestly, I just put up with that for too long of a time.

I made a lovely no-bake cheesecake from the October Martha Stewart Living magazine for the party and I felt that it was a huge success. Also, I made a delicious butternut squash lasagna using one of Gretchen's squashes from the garden. Cooking and baking makes me feel very accomplished.

Today I have a holiday because of Yom Kippur. We also have Columbus Day off on Monday. However, today I don't have a complete day off because I have to babysit from 11 until 7. Also, I am letting my employer know that I will be quitting soon. My new choir starts next week and I will be quite busy.

In addition to the New York trip tomorrow, Brian and I are going hiking in Western Mass. on Sunday and hopefully just relaxing on Monday. I hope to read a lot of my book, The Witches of Eastwick, this weekend as well.

No comments: