Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Oh, can't you see what love has done, what it's doing to me...


It's been a relaxing day, even though I worked from 8:30 until 3:30. Last night was a very fun cake class, even though my cake was very "crumb-y" and it almost fell off the revolving cake stand (oops!). But in the end, as you can see from the pictures from my last journal entry, it turned out very well. And roses are very fun to make. Next week, I plan on making another chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting and strawberry filling.

Anyway, I gave my almost two-week notice to the manager on Monday. She was a little shocked and kind of questioned me, but I really didn't want to say anything, for fear that they would fire me immediately. However, that didn't happen and so my last day is next Thursday. The head teller wanted to know where I was going and reluctantly, I told her. They need me for the next two weeks anyway. After I leave, basically the assistant manager and the head teller will have to work every single Saturday because the manager refuses to work any Saturdays at all. And she is the one who proclaimed that this is retail, therefore we work Saturdays. Apparently, she spends time with her elderly mother all day Saturday (the manager is in her fifties). I'm so glad that I will be out of there in merely a week.

It hasn't gotten warm here yet. But I'm very positive that spring will come soon. And love seems to be blossoming more every day in the Koning-Honaker household. Brian has always accepted me for being myself, this very strange girl who is both vain and un-self-confident at once, who loves all kind of music, who cannot decide what political party she belongs to, and can be very mean and amazingly sweet all in one day. He is so loving, kind, and calm, and I hope that someday I will share his name and have his child. Honestly, I can't tell you when that day will come, but I've got to be patient for now. I rushed into getting married once, and look what happened to that situation. Besides, living with Brian is making me a very happy, elated woman.

He looks a little funny in this picture, but I'm drunk in love with him. Oh, sappy-ness.

No comments: