Tuesday, January 23, 2007

They do the walk, they do the walk of life...

There are new revelations in the job field and I feel happy today. So yeah, I obviously didn't get the Fidelity job (although now that I'm reading "The Devil Wears Prada," the "thankless" job appears more like that of Miranda Priestly's lackey and the boss did look kind of like Stanley Tucci), but now I have been offered the Bank North job and I have yet another interview with the Credit Union (although for a different position) on Thursday. It is exciting and a little nerve racking. With the BankNorth job, I already know the people I will be working with and the teller system (it's a teller/customer service position); it is also a larger bank and I could have more opportunity to advance within the bank. However, the smaller credit union is more like Stock Yards bank, I would get paid a little more, and I still know the systems on the customer service side. Well, I won't make any decisions until I find out about the St. Mary's job. Oh, and both jobs are only two miles from my house, so I will save money on gas regardless. Yes! I am helping the environment (sort of ).
The Stow choir is fine. I've been to three rehearsals so far and I am now a glorified alto. I really enjoy singing in my lower range. To be honest, even in my last few semesters of choir, I was struggling with the higher notes. Also, I'm meeting some new people, but I'm not sure about potential friends yet. You could say I'm kind of reserved when it comes to making new friends sometimes.

No comments: