Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Listening to Bruce Springsteen...

Yeah, I don't really listen to him very much, but Gretchen (Brian's mom) is really into him, especially since he started writing this music about 9/11. It's pretty good, but so far what I've heard sounds like the E-Street band circa 1983 or 85/"Glory Days." He reminds me (and many others I'm sure) of Bob Dylan because his singing voice is not so great (although better than Dylan's) but he is a good lyricist. Actually, I like some of the songs Bob Dylan sang himself rather than songs others have performed, like "Mr. Tambourine." To me, his version is more genuine, honest, and is a good song to play when you want to go to sleep.

Alright, I have digressed. I'm not going back to school this semester. I just found out on Thursday, which is the day I was determined to find out the answer anyway. So, now I'm really trying to find a full-time job. I had the interview at Fidelity on Wednesday, which I haven't heard about yet. I have an interview at St. Mary's Credit Union in Marlborough tomorrow. Also, there is a full-time position open at my branch now, which I will take, but I would honestly probably rather work somewhere else. I also am hoping to get interviewed for another position at Fidelity, this time a customer service position.

To bide the time and also to get involved with extracurricular activities, I joined a community choir last night in Stow, Massachusetts, which is about twenty minutes from here. There was a small fee to join, and they have three concerts a year, with the first one in March. We are singing a Bach piece, "Komm, Jesu, komm," and "Missa Dei Filii" by Jan Zelenka. It's pretty neat and I really missed being in a choir. There are a lot of old people in the choir, which is normal, and one girl about my age, but I'm not sure what I think of her yet. I also am going to join a gym again and went with a free pass to Gold's Gym in Marlborough. I was going to attend the yoga class tonight, but my stomach feels bad. I'm also reading books for recreation again, and pondering whether to try Faulkner's "Absalom, Absalom," or "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

Not too much happened this past weekend, except that I ate out both nights--on Friday with Brian at this Mexican place called Acapulco's and on Saturday with my friend from work, Gouri, who is from India. I really wanted to eat Indian food and we went to this place in Shrewsbury called the Bollywood Grill. It was so good! We had chicken tikka for an appetizer, this really good spicy shrimp, a spinach dish called palak paneer, rice, and bread for dinner. I know that we have some diversity in Louisville, but not nearly as much as we have here in suburban Boston, so I find that really cool. Gouri is a very nice person and she has a lovely family, too. She has the cutest daughter, Aishi, who is two years old.

On Sunday night, we went over to Brian's parent's house for dinner. This is kind of becoming a weekly tradition. We had a nice dinner and then played the game of Life, which I either have never played or just haven't played in years and years.

This week, I'm just working the normal twenty-two hours or so. Tomorrow, we are going to this nice restaurant in Worcester, courtesy of Brian's nice gift certificate to me for Christmas. I also will go to the gym and to my interview. And hopefully, I will keep looking and will get called back about some other possibilities.

The cat tried to get in the shower today, while it was running. Silly Morgan.

No comments: