Sunday, December 21, 2008

There is just too much snow here!


From today's Boston Globe


I am posting from my kitchen since (snap!) I have a laptop battery. I haven't had a battery for my mac in over a year and I just never really cared to have one because I kept it plugged in the whole time. Nor did I mind that every time the computer came unplugged, the date would read Dec. 31, 1969. Yes, this happens with apple computers. However, when I dropped the computer (only about two feet) and the power cord was messed up to the point where the computer would become unplugged every five minutes, I started to mind. And that is when Brian bought me a new battery.

Well, we are on day three of the big snowstorm of 2008. I spoke too soon in yesterday's post and now I am getting cabin fever. What was I thinking when I moved here? I have only left the house (besides walking around outside) once since Friday at 11 am. It's quite sad. However, we can walk several places from the apartment so we are fortunate in that sense. Also, we have power and that is definitely something to be thankful for.

Last night, my friend and co-aide at school, Jessie, picked me up in a 4-wheel drive SUV so that we could go to a holiday party at another teacher's home in Framingham, about ten minutes from here. The roads weren't so bad then, and the party was pretty fun. I made an interesting trifle that I will make again, only I will replace the brownies with a softer cake. We had a Yankee Swap and I ended up with three Christmas themed nesting bowls. Jessie brought those and she ended up with my gift, a cranberry scented candle from Anthropologie. I almost got the bottle of yellow tail, which could be quite useful right now.

And what have I done today? I have watched a lot of TV, which is another thing that makes me feel guilty about myself, but unfortunately, it happens in the winter. Brian is trying out this new program called Hulu, and we have been watching old and new TV shows, like The Office (Season five), WKRP (and Cincinnati looks the same as it did thirty years ago), and we watched an episode of Hell's Kitchen tonight, which is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Also, I did yoga as I watched yoga videos on the internet (my exercise for the day) and now I am making a healthy (?) beef and eggplant lasagna.

As I am ending my post, it has stopped snowing.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

i love hulu! it will be your new best friend.