Sunday, June 21, 2009

A summer project...involving cupcakes, of course

The book, Martha Stewart's Cupcakes, recently came out on June 2nd and of course, I had a copy in my hands that very evening. Coincidentally, the movie, Julie and Julia, is also being released this August, where a woman in New York attempts to make all 524 of Julia Child's recipes in Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a single year. A mighty feat. Inspired by this, I decided to do something much less daunting. Every week for the rest of the summer, and possibly continuing into the school year, I will make a different cupcake recipe from Martha's book. Last week, I made roasted banana cupcakes (no frosting though) and today I made blackberry-jam cupcakes with a lemon glaze for father's day. Next week, I will make blueberries and cream cupcakes since blueberries are abundant and cheap right now. I'll post pictures soon.

Wednesday is the last day of school. :)

No comments: