Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cupcakes celebrating Father's Day and the last day of school...

Today was the last day of school for the year, although it doesn't feel like it because I am working at a summer program for five weeks, and we have had rain for the last fourteen of sixteen days (it's absolutely ridiculous). Anyway, I should be more positive about the summer and my future, considering that I will be in a lovely wedding in Kentucky, my friend is letting me stay at his rental house in Cape May, NJ for a few nights for free, we're going to Cape Cod and Nantucket, and Brian and I are taking a first anniversary trip to one of my favorite places in the world, Bar Harbor, Maine.

Here are two different kinds of Martha cupcakes I have made so far this "summer."


Blackberry jam tea cakes with a citrus glaze (I used lemons, the recipe called for oranges)


Chocolate cupcakes I got off of the Martha Stewart website (sorry, not the book) and I had this great Wilton gel icing in rose. This totally reminded of a little girl's birthday party with a bright pink cake. :) Also, I love the peonys; we were able to acquire two vases of them after the wedding we attended on Saturday.

No comments: