Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sweet Caroline, bah bah bah, good times never seemed so good, so good, so good...

The title of my post this week is dedicated to the wonderful Boston Red Sox baseball team; this song is played in the eighth inning during every game, and since I love the Diamond, I love the tradition. Brian and I went to the Red Sox/Royals game on Monday night, which was really fun besides me getting angry on the way to the game (because we were late). We just left late and hit traffic; sometimes I get angry for the dumbest reasons. Anyway, we didn't get to the game until the end of the third inning, but that was okay because no team scored until then. Also, we met Joe, Erin, Joe's brother and some other people at the game. The Sox won 4-0 and the weather was perfect. And last night, Brian and I went to Pawtucket, Rhode Island, to see the PawSox game (they are the AAA affiliate) play the Louisville Bats! Curt Schilling, an injured Red Sox pitcher, pitched for the first three innings. This was the only minor league game I've been to that was actually sold out. By the way, I love baseball park food; it's the best!

The week has been an interesting one. I had to work at a different branch on Monday (and I walked, so I had to walk home and get my car, not my fault though), on Wednesday, I gave blood for a work-sponsored blood drive, and Friday, I went to a loan meeting at the admin center. I was so bored one day this week that I just created Simpsons characters of people I knew on the Simpsons movie website. That is pathetic, but I am so insouciant about my job sometimes that I just don't care.

We're getting closer to choosing a site for the ceremony and I really hope we choose the Wayside Inn's Martha Mary chapel. I've decided that I'm going to Awesome Blossoms tomorrow and maybe dress shopping later this week. It really just depends on my week and how I'm feeling. Unfortunately, my lower back is hurting again . I worked out yesterday and today (not doing anything too strenous), but I'm worried now that anything affects it.

Next weekend, I'm going to a Harry Potter party hosted my friend Mary. It is always nice to see her, and our friend Natyra will be there as well. I'm going to make something extra delicious inspired by a Harry Potter website I found earlier today--http://www.britta.com/hogwarts/recipes.html. It should be fun! Next Sunday, we may go to a beach in Rhode Island, which would be great, too.

1 comment:

On A Windy Night said...

Yay I can't wait to see you!