Monday, July 09, 2007

It's the perfect day, nothing standing in my way...

Today was a really good day and we had a great weekend, too! The Fourth of July was alright, too. It was weird having a day off in the middle of the week. My friend Sally, who works at one of the other branches, invited Brian and me over to her house for a cook-out in the afternoon. We had some Indian food and turkey burgers. I'm not really a fan of turkey burgers, I have to say, but Brian loved them. My favorite thing was this really doughy Indian bread that was fantastic. I made some red, white, blue cupcakes that were slightly in one of the pictures in the last post. Anyway, the party was fun; however, it did start raining. I introduced Sally's kids (who were the most polite kids ever) to The Jackson Five and we danced. After the party, Brian and I came home and he took a nap while I made more cupcakes and tried to get creative by making different flowers on them. My favorites were the ones with the rose bouquets :) We had an obstructed view of the fireworks from our apartment window, so that was cool.

On Thursday, I missed my hair appointment (complete sadness) and had to go to Supercuts. I was a little bit upset about it and had a minor freakout, which I need to stop since I am trying to grow up now. Only Brian and my mom heard it, but it is still embarrassing that I can throw minor tantrums still. We went to dinner at Andy and Gretchen's and then went home. Friday, I didn't really do anything; Brian had his gig in Sturbridge. We both didn't sleep that well (this was okay though) and left early on Saturday for a river trip in Western Massachusetts. Brian's friends Joe and Erin are real outdoor enthusiasts and are always going rafting, skiing, etc. We took a raft down the Deerfield River for a few hours. It was really fun and there was even a class three rapid (yay). We forgot to wear sunscreen and got a little sun, but it wasn't bad. Then we went to the fun Yankee Candle store (which is huge) in Deerfield. I got my mom a special Byer's caroler there for her birthday. They are these figures, usually displayed at Christmas time, and my mom loves them.

We didn't do much yesterday; we went to the mall and the grocery store. That was it.

Tonight, we're having steak and we're going to see Transformers! Yay!

My mom is coming to visit in September and I am very excited about it. We're going to spend a day at Martha's Vineyard, which is supposed to be beautiful. Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket are both south of the Cape and the only way you can get to either one is by boat or air. And, per Mary's suggestion, we are taking the ferry from Woods Hole and then riding a bus around the island.

We still haven't made any wedding plans, except that mom is checking on some reception sites for us. We are looking at the Owl Creek country club, the Louisville Slugger Museum, and the historical home, Farmington's carriage house. Although I think Farmington's facility is too small. We are planning on inviting about 125-130 people.

We're watching "Best in Show" right now before going to "Transformers." It's very funny!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

What happened to Vegas??? I was looking forward to that! :o)