Friday, May 11, 2007

A good week...and some weird dreams

Well, I am finally feeling better from my back and "other" problems. I went back to the doctor for a check-up on Monday and she told me to eat more fiber. Yay. But the cereal I bought (Fiber One) is even better than Kashi because it has 14 grams of fiber and only sixty calories per serving. I swear, sometimes, I sound like an old person who needs fiber! That is scary.

Choir was fine on Monday, although we (and myself included) need more practice on all of the songs. They are difficult though, but I feel like we don't do enough sectional rehearsals in the beginning just to get our notes correct and that is what is hindering us now. I miss being in the Ballard choir because, well, I think we were amazing. Our concert is on May 20th in the afternoon. I am singing with Sarah's church choir in the morning, so that will definitely be a very musical weekend. Plus the Steely Dan concert is Friday night.

On Tuesday, I went to the gym (my average is still about twice a week) and watched "Gilmore Girls." Oh, I am so sad that it is ending next week but it's about time. Although I feel like I kind of grew up with Rory even though I didn't watch the show the entire way through its' run. I have to thank the show though for something. When Ryan and I broke up in the fall of 2004, I really started watching the show on the Family channel in syndication. To be honest, the show was comforting to me because it makes you feel good, at least to me. During this time of my life, I was so depressed about everything and I didn't really have anyone to talk to about my breakup with Ryan and my feelings about hopelessness and leaving school without a planned future. It was so difficult. I read something once that said people are most depressed in the morning right when they awaken. This was true for me. I remember waking up at the Theta house and getting in the shower and crying most every day. I'm so happy now that I got through those three months alright and that I successfully completed school. I didn't want to do anything; I just wanted to quit Ole Miss and come home. And coming home, being far away from Ryan and all the other issues, was what finally cured me. I know I just went into a long harangue about that whole episode, but that is what I will relate to most with the show.

On Wednesday, I got off work early and Brian and I went to see "Spider-Man 3." It was a little long and silly when Tobey started dancing, but otherwise, it was pretty good and I really liked the story. I wonder if there will be a fourth movie.

I've had some very strange dreams lately. In the first dream, I slept for four months, between May and September. I missed all the lovely summer weather and I woke up when the leaves were turning colors and people were wearing coats. Maybe this dream is telling me that I am missing out on something. In the second dream, I went to visit my friend Kelly in New York (he's moving there in August) and he lived with my ex-fiance and his wife. And we all got along!

I'm pretty tired now from the week. I'm doing laundry now and watching "Finding Nemo." Adorable movie; actually, I own it. Tomorrow, I have to work and then I'm going to Old Navy to get a new swimsuit and some summer clothes for work and for my trip to Arizona. I love to shop!

No comments: