Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bored at work blog...

It seems like the weather always affects my moods, so I better not move to Seattle.

“Gilmore Girls” ended on Tuesday night and I am sad. The fall schedule looks bleak, although there is another show that was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, so that is one bright spot. I’ve been watching “Shear Genius” lately, which I really like. I loved the episode where they had to recreate a hairstyle for a certain era in history—the styles were from the Medieval era, the Elizabethan era, the Victorian era, the 1920’s, 1940’s, 1960’s, and 1980’s punk. Tyson, who styled a woman’s hair for the Elizabethan era, won the challenge. They even dressed in costumes to compliment their hairstyles. On the show last night, Tyson and Tabitha were eliminated. This surprised me, because their relationship with each other (basically, just Tabitha hates Tyson) was the most dramatic element on the show. They were both extremely talented, too. But they were eliminated when they worked together as a pair for the bridal party challenge. Daisy and Anthony won (I really like both of them) and created the coolest up-do for the bride. I like the other two hairstylists left, as well; they are Dr. Boogie (great name) and Ben (the tattooed, pierced guy with a kind heart). Personally, I hope that Daisy wins, because she seems cool and her hairstyles are the best.

Also, “Big Love” is returning this summer (although I don’t have HBO) and Top Chef will also run its’ third season. I wonder when “Project Runway” will start. I cannot wait!

On Tuesday, I was able to achieve some sort of miracle. I finally got online to buy Red Sox tickets, after it seemed virtually impossible. They are pretty terrible, because we don’t even have seats, but I think it will be fun. It’s in this general seating area somewhere around 1st base. The Sox are playing the Cleveland Indians for the game, which is May 30th, so hopefully, we will win. This pitcher for the Indians went to my high school; he is a big jerk and he has a losing record this year, so hopefully he won’t be pitching. Well, he was a jerk in high school. I actually saw him three years ago when his college team (Vanderbilt) played Ole Miss in baseball. He was at the restaurant where I worked and he and his parents were cordial. It’s kind of embarrassing when you have to serve people you know. I’m glad I don’t have that kind of job now.

Anyway, I bought the tickets because Brian’s thirtieth birthday is on Saturday. He wasn’t as happy about the event as I thought. It’s hard to please him, it seems. But his emotions are more laid back than mine, so I should think about that. We’re going to the Steely Dan concert tomorrow night, which should be fun, although it’s going to be raining the whole time we are driving to Connecticut and the temperature will be about fifty degrees. Yay.

This weekend will be busy with the concert and then my choir concert and church thing.

My dad lost his job again. This is what, like the twelfth time. I worry about him and I don’t know what’s going to happen to him. He is fifty-five and basically has no retirement savings. He can’t keep doing this to himself. I hope that I won’t be like him at all.

The cat is still sleeping on my pillow at night, which means I have half a pillow most of the time. However, she is a darling to me.

No comments: