Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I was dreaming of the past, and my heart was beating fast...



Happy Valentine's Day, John Lennon.

Today has been a bit of a spontaneously good day. This morning, I went to Starbucks to get my favorite chai tea latte with a shot of espresso (they call it a dirty chai; I'm a dirty girl). Haha. Anyway, I also bought a John Lennon album while I was there. It's like a greatest hits album and there is this really wonderful song called "Jealous Guy," which is kind of like an apology to Yoko or something. A very sweet song. I went to work and Lisa and I worked together alone for most of the day. Our manager brought us pizza at like 2:15 in the afternoon and that was okay. Greasy, Papa Gino's, but whatever. After work, I went to the grocery store to buy filets for tomorrow night. Here is the lowdown on menu for Valentine's Day:

Caesar Salad
Crescent rolls from a can
Angus Beef filets
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Red skin potatoes
Angel Food Cake (in mini bundt shapes) with a chocolate ganache, whipped cream, and strawberries

And of course, red wine. I bought Brian a shirt from Land's End last week, and he's getting a card, but that's really about it. I'm not expecting much from him; sorry, but he's not one for good surprises-- I got Britney Spears' perfume for Christmas. Okay. But that doesn't mean that I don't love him.

Anyway, we're expecting this huge snowstorm tonight and both of us had to park in a covered garage across the street. I hope that it is not too bad. Tomorrow, I'm supposed to go to this training class in Worcester and honestly, I do not want to go.

Ugh, we had stir fried shrimp and veggies for dinner and homemade chocolate fondue and angel food cake bites for dessert. It was great, but now I am so full.

Not too much else is happening now. I went to the mall with Gouri last week and bought a light grey suit and a really cool dress to wear to my cousin Jennifer's wedding. I'm reading "The Year of Pleasures," which I haven't really gotten into yet. My mother has now officially sent me dishtowel for every holiday except St. Patrick's Day (you just wait, I know I'll get one).

My friend, Kelly Burns from Ole Miss, is coming to Boston this weekend and he is staying with us in Marlborough. He is auditioning at the Boston Conservatory (he is a fabulous tenor) so we will spend the day on Saturday in the city. I haven't been into Boston in two months. That may sound weird, but I feel very isolated from the city. It's like another world away from here.

No comments: