Sunday, September 03, 2006

So let it rain, rain on me...

Well, now we have Hurricane Ernesto, but I shouldn't complain, because we haven't had too much rain in Mass. since I've been here. Last night, we went to a party at Brian's friends' house-- Keith and Sarah. They are very nice people and Brian plays a Friday night gig with Keith at Perennials restaurant in Sturbridge. Speaking of which, we went to Old Sturbridge Village (a living history village set in the 1830's) on Friday as part of my birthday gift. It was nice and kind of resurges me to want to study Public History. Although, I am and have been quite worried about everything. I'm going into Boston on Tuesday to 1) meet with the professor who I will be doing research for this semester-- Ilham Khuri-Makdisi, 2) going to a meeting with my fellow grad students and a barbeque, 3) get my student ID made, 4) fill out an I-9 form and have my loan deferrment paper signed, etc., etc. I don't even know when I will leave Bolton. I'm thinking about now driving to the end of the Green line on the subway and taking that to Northeastern, since it is on the Green line. Or I could drive to the red line again, whatever.

I got a job at Macy's on Wednesday working in either accessories or Coach purses. However, it doesn't pay very well, except on Sundays, when I get time and a half pay. I do have an interview today at Starbucks, and I would get paid more, but the hours aren't as regular. Choices.

No comments: