Sunday, April 09, 2006




I went to dinner last night at Carabba's with my friends Amy and Matt Webb, who got married about three weeks ago in Indianapolis. They are so cute together. I didn't think Carabba's was honestly that great. I think my favorite Italian place in town is Martini's. I am kind of a restaurant snob though. I tend to prefer the weird and local (even though Martini's is a chain as well) over the normal. The Webbs even paid for my meal, which was so not necessary. Then, I took them to the fabulous Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen in St. Matthews, a local patisserie, which I absolutely love. Amy and I split the chocolate chess pie a la mode.

We got back to my house at 9:30 and I watched SVU before heading to Brian's for the night. He ripped the shirt I bought for him at the Gap in October. I was kind of irritated, but whatever. His brother was drunk, no surprise there and when he and Bobby "the big dog" (their other roommate) got back from the bar at 4 am, they were yelling and stuff. Jason, the brother, wanted Brian to get up and "party" (I will only imply drug usage on this) with him but thankfully, Brian just stayed in bed with me. His brother is fucking crazy sometimes and although I feel sorry for him, I can't wait until Brian is living away from him.

Today, I worked at A Taste of Kentucky and basically just talked to my co-workers Linda and Pat the whole five hours. I don't get paid much, but since I don't do very much anyway, I feel like that is okay. Then I came home, heated up my leftover pasta from last night, watched "My Super Sweet Sixteen," and then went to the gym to lift weights and power walk for 45 minutes and still watched "My Super Sweet Sixteen." That show is addictive, but those kids are real brats. I mean spending over $100,000 on somebody's birthday party is absolutely ridiculously. And the crap that comes out of their mouths is terrible.

The sad thing is and this sounds so darn perfunctory, but I have gained a few pounds and even though it is hard to tell, it makes me upset. I eat too much sugar and too many carbs. And too big portions. Oh my goodness, I just want to be thin sometimes, which sounds retarded.

I am about to settle down now and watch "Big Love," my favorite television show at the moment. And yes, it is about polygamy but it is great! And even though I think polygamy is wrong, I don't necessarily think monogamy is for everyone. This show gives pros and cons to the polygamous relationships of one Utah family. One very big positive aspect is that you really do have a lot of love and support from people, especially other women. The relationships are warm and unique. However, sharing a husband with someone else would be strange and definitely would trigger jealousy. It's something to think about, if nothing else.

No comments: