Sunday, November 01, 2009

Let the river run, let all the dreamers wake the nation. Come, the new Jerusalem.

I can tell you that winter is just around the corner in this little part of the world called New England. However, the trees are rich in color and full in glory. The leaves will fall fast though.

To tell the truth, I've been in somewhat of a non-euphoric mood lately. Mostly, it has to with my job, which I enjoy, but it's a struggle being an aide when I really want to be in charge of a classroom. Sometimes I am (in charge of a classroom, for at least two periods a day), but I'm not getting the money or recognition that I deserve. Also, this year has been a battle with some of the kids I work with. However, I feel like you have some of kind of bullshit to deal with in every job, whether you are the low man on the totem pole or a high-ranking administrator (which I never, ever hope to be). So, I will learn to live with my situation for now and hopefully at some point in life, I will get what I deserve.

P.S. I will say this in the best possible way-- it is just not my destiny to work in special education. Of course, I admire those who do work in the field (and I can say honestly that I admire myself for working with this group of kids everyday), but I see so many issues with sped, that I couldn't deal with them from year to year without being completely honest and open, and then I would be fired. :)

No comments: