Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mainichi Sushi o Tabetai yo!


This means- Everyday I want to eat sushi! And I probably could, except that I don't want to get mercury poisoning, like Jeremy Piven did from eating so much sushi.

Anyway, Brian told me a few months ago that if I wanted to take a sushi class at the vocational high school that offers adult education classes, he would pay for them. My two classes were held the last two Wednesdays. The instructor, although not Japanese, seemed to know his way around making sushi. I thought he was a good teacher and I felt liked I learned some informative basic techniques for making this fine Japanese dish. The only thing that was slightly annoying was that the teacher kept pronouncing words in Japanese incorrectly and since I've taken several years of the language, it just bothered me. But I was happy with what I learned, and tried to replicate some of the sushi this evening for my husband. I just made simple California rolls, with shrimp, carrots, avocado, and cucumbers and avocado nigiri. It wasn't like eating at Fugakyu or Oishii Sushi in Sudbury, but I'm proud of my efforts!

No comments: