Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A few of my favorite things about our wedding...

I want to publish a euphoric, jubilant post even though I haven't been too happy in the past week or two. However, the weather is wonderful right now. Our wedding plans are really coming into place now and that makes me very glad. I haven't been stressed out about it lately at all. Honestly, I just dread going to work every day. Mostly, it is because I am like the pariah of the work environment. I'm truly not myself there because I never want to talk to anyone. I just want to feel free, happy, and myself, and none of that seems to fit where I work. I think what I just said is like the Declaration of Independence (or the declaration to be me!).

Anyway, here is a small list. I'm also happy because we are saving money. Brian and I are a frugal couple and we don't want to overspend.

- I love my dress! It is really different from other dresses and it seems to be practical. Maybe practical and wedding dress don't really go together, but hey, I get to wear mine twice! Also, my shoes are so cute. They are peep-toed shoes and they are great.

- The flowers will be beautiful! My bouquet will have hydrangeas, white roses, and blue thistle (which I will use to ensnare Brian; someone in mythology used the thistle to ensnare a man). I just love hydrangeas, period.

- My cake ladies are making cupcakes frosted like blue hydrangeas for the dinner after the ceremony and the reception. We'll be having several flavors at the reception, including chocolate, yellow, red velvet, spice, and perhaps even pistachio.

- The organist is a very talented woman who has played for a few of the AVM concerts. She will be playing the processional to "The Sound of Music" while I walk down the aisle. Hopefully, she will be playing Debussy as well.

- Bobby's quartet/quintet will be great, I'm sure. Brian and I don't have a first dance song yet (I want something by Chicago and I think he wants something instrumental).

- Our honeymoon to Bar Harbor, ME/Nova Scotia/PEI should be wonderful! We booked the trip a few weeks ago and are totally psyched.

-The thing I am most looking forward to is seeing my friends and family at the ceremony and reception. That will be the best part-- sharing the memories with them and with Brian.

I don't look forward to going to work tomorrow, but I do look forward to seeing saxophonist Kenny Garrett at the Regatta Bar in Cambridge. Also, I'm trying to convince Brian to drive to Waterbury, CT, to see our boy Ralph Nader on Sunday. Brian did, in fact, donate $100 to Nader's campaign. We might as well reap a benefit from the donation.

No comments: