Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh Fortuna!!




Brian and I seem to notice that this opening song from Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana" is always in a ton of commercials. It's a very scary-sounding, Latin chant that seems to make it's way into commercials about hockey, movies, and many other products. It seems quite silly to me. When I was in tenth grade, I sang "Carmina Burana" with the the Louisville Youth Choir and the BACH society. We sang this hour-long cantata with a ballet troupe in front of us performing to the music. To me, "Carmina Burana" is really cool and definitely interesting, considering that it is based on medieval poetry, but I still cannot stand "Oh Fortuna."

The trivia night was really fun and was held to fund a scholarship for students in Marlborough. Our team was doing pretty well until the third of four rounds and I don't even know what we placed. However, our team did win the bonus round and that was cool.

I worked this morning, where the branch was very busy. This is normal for Saturdays, though. Brian and I went out to home depot this afternoon and then to Price Chopper (the most expensive and yet the dirtiest grocery store ever) for some shopping. I'm trying to avoid Hannaford grocery (a Maine outlet and my favorite grocery in the 'Boro) for a little while because of the breach in their security system. We had shrimp cocktail, steak, and asparagus for dinner, which was good and satisfying. Now I'm doing laundry and that is about it.

No comments: