Thursday, July 27, 2006

They've got a name for the winners in the world, I want a name when I lose...

Well, it's been a while. That should honestly be the first sentence of every blog I ever write. I'm just not a very consistent, organized person. Anyway, the best news-- tomorrow is my very last day at Stock Yards bank! Hip hip hooray. Hmmm, I wonder if anything interesting will happen.

The bad news-- I am again in an argument with my father, Brian hasn't gotten a teaching job yet in Mass., and some people don't want me to go to grad school. Yes, I am taking out loans (some, not all), but it's my life. That Bon Jovi song. Regardless, it is my debt and it will be paid eventually.

So next Wednesday, Brian is flying down here from Mass. and then we are driving back up there with a carload of stuff. We're stopping in Niagara Falls on Thursday night and then going to Bolton (yes, Bolton not Boston) on Friday. I get to finally meet his parents!! Yay for the ex-hippies. I am so excited. And I get to see my long-lost cousins in Nashua, New Hampshire. They sound very nice.

I went to the Def Leppard/Journey concert Saturday night. It rocked, except for the fact that there were sniper shootings on I-65 in Indiana, which we had to travel. We missed the shootings by about an hour or so though. I feel very badly for the family of the man who was killed.

I will try to write in this often when I go up to Mass. so that I can update the one or two people who read my journal. Thanks Katherine, for commenting on the last entry!

In the perfunctory news of the day, I am really getting into "Project Runway." They had to create outfits inspired by dogs last night! Uly and the pug won! Yes!

No comments: